Mini size nodate (野点 / outdoor) chasen for having matcha outdoors or on the go. Pair with a nodate chawan, or ippukuwan to enjoy tea in the forest or by a lake (or your office!)
• Before using for the first time, wash the chasen and allow to soak in warm water for 15 minutes.
• Subsequently, always wet the tips of the bamboo tines with water before each use. It will help the bamboo be flexible and prevent breakage.
• The furled tips of a new chasen will relax over time and usage. This is normal.
• Wash the chasen gently after each use. You may use your fingers to remove any remaining matcha. Shake off any excess water gently.
• Leave the chasen to air dry. We recommend not to store the nodate chasen in its original plastic packaging.
• The chasen is a utensil that will naturally wear down over time even with proper use and storage. Please replace should the tines break.