The long handle of this chasen lets you whisk the tea powder directly in a tall glass. With proper use, it helps to create a fine smooth matcha more effectively than an electric frother.
• Before using for the first time, wash the chasen and allow to soak in warm water for 15 minutes.
• Subsequently, always wet the tips of the bamboo tines with water before each use. It will help the bamboo be flexible and prevent breakage.
• The furled tips of a new chasen will relax over time and usage. This is normal.
• Wash the chasen gently after each use. You may use your fingers to remove any remaining matcha. Shake off any excess water gently.
• Leave the chasen to air dry.
• The chasen is a utensil that will naturally wear down over time even with proper use and storage. Please replace should the tines break.